The Jewish Federation of Greater Charlotte (JFGC) is a non-profit community building organization supporting a $5 million annual fundraising campaign. We impact and enrich lives here at home and around the world every day, supporting more than 60 Jewish organizations and initiatives that build community, foster Jewish identity, and nurture and care for the Jewish people. As part of a network of more than 140 Federations across North America, we are a vibrant community hub that connects resources, volunteers, leaders and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a thriving and sustainable Jewish future.
Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make greater Charlotte’s Jewish community a welcoming home. We offer a collaborative, friendly, inspiring, and flexible work environment. We are one of Charlotte's most highly respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking an Executive Assistant & Project Manager to join our team.
The Executive Assistant & Project Manager of the Jewish Federation of Greater Charlotte will provide administrative and special project support to the CEO and Executive Team of the Jewish Federation of Greater Charlotte.
This full-time position requires a high level of organizational skills, confidentiality, and professionalism in working with staff, lay leaders and donors. The ideal candidate for this position is an approachable, energetic, and resourceful problem-solver and people-person who enjoys working with a passionate and dedicated team in a fast-paced environment.
This position reports to the Chief Financial & Administrative Officer.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions
Administrative and Internal Operations:
- Executive-level administrative support for the CEO and Executive Team includes, but is not limited to, phone calls, emails, written correspondence, and other communication; donor relations and interaction; calendar and appointment management; filing and office management; travel arrangements; and assistance with special projects, meetings and presentations.
- Administrative support for Federation Board and Committees, including scheduling meetings, preparing meeting materials, meeting setup and break-down, and documentation of meeting minutes.
- Front desk receptionist responsibilities including answering telephone and visitor interaction with Board members, lay leaders, donors, and community members.
- Submit and reconcile expense reports and purchase orders.
- Maintain internal programmatic calendars and schedules.
- Communicate and interface across JFGC’s functions and departments, including programing, development, and finance, to provide assistance and coordination with special projects, meetings, and presentations.
- Establish effective project communication, coordination, and scheduling plans and ensure their timely execution.
- Assist in planning, organizing and implementing Federation meetings, events and programs.
- Meet with program team members to identify needs, timelines and desired outcomes.
- Coordinate vendors, proposals, and logistics for programs and events.
- Provide on-site operational support at programs as needed, including occasional programs and events on evenings and/or weekends.
- Coordinate space usage, including room reservations/rental, audio visual, security, and room set-up for programs and activities.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned by supervisor.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
Required Work Experience
Minimum 3 years executive administrative experience working with senior management.
Preference given to candidates with meeting, program and event planning experience.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills experienced in dealing with high level executives, Boards and donors.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Superior organizational skills with experience maintaining files and data.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications, social media, and online research.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to prioritize multiple demands and meet deadlines.
- Creative problem solver and multi-tasker who enjoys working in a fast paced environment, meets deadlines, and can work independently.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Possess a positive attitude and be a proven team player.
- Knowledge and understanding of Jewish practices, customs, and culture is a plus.
Other Job Related Requirements
- This position requires weekday office hours plus occasional weekends or evenings with the ability to create a limited hybrid work environment.
- This position must be based in the greater Charlotte area.
How We Care For YOU
The Jewish Federation of Greater Charlotte proudly offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Competitive Compensation, Commensurate With Experience
- Four Weeks of Paid Time Off, Days Off for Jewish Holy Days, and Early Closure for Shabbat
- Generous Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Benefits
- 401k Plan with an Employer Contribution and Match
- Professional Development and Skill Building Opportunities
- Flexible and Hybrid Work Environment
- Shalom Park Discounts for JCC Membership and Shalom Park Schools
- Free and Accessible Parking
The Jewish Federation of Greater Charlotte is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More information about our organization is available at www.jewishcharlotte.org
Interested candidates should direct inquiries, resumes, and cover letters to
Cheri Martin, Chief Financial & Administrative Officer, email@example.com