The Jewish Federation of Greater Charlotte (JFGC) is a non-profit community building organization supporting a $5 million+ annual fundraising campaign. We impact and enrich lives here at home and around the world every day, supporting more than 60 Jewish organizations and initiatives that build community, foster Jewish identity, and nurture and care for the Jewish people. As part of a network of more than 140 Federations across North America, we are a vibrant community hub that connects resources, volunteers, leaders and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a thriving and sustainable Jewish future.
Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make the greater Charlotte’s Jewish community a welcoming home. We offer a collaborative, friendly, inspiring, and flexible work environment. The Charlotte community is rapidly growing and there is a strong desire to enhance and build upon the rich tradition of philanthropy and engagement in the Jewish community. We seek a highly motivated professional to join our team as we secure the necessary resources to sustain and grow Jewish life throughout Greater Charlotte.
Reporting to the Chief Development and Marketing Officer, the Senior Director, Donor Engagement is responsible for the creation, implementation and execution of a strategic, relationship driven, donor engagement model. The Senior Director will focus on engaging donors through Women’s Philanthropy, Community Campaign and NextGen Campaign activities. The Senior Director will provide strategic direction for increasing donor engagement, donor retention and acquisition, and lay leadership involvement. The Senior Director will provide leadership, guidance and critical management to the lay leadership. In addition, the Senior Director is a key relationship builder, working with donors and lay leaders to help advance donor engagement across the organization.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions
- Be a thought partner with CDMO and key lay leadership to develop short term and long term strategies for Federation fundraising growth and success.
- Create and execute a comprehensive annual fundraising and donor engagement plan for Women’s Philanthropy, NextGen and Community Campaign outlining the roles,responsibilities, and metrics for success.
- Partners with CDMO to develop and execute an overall strategic plan for an integrated philanthropy model that includes supplemental giving, endowment and legacy cultivation.
- Creates robust donor engagement pipelines to ensure donor engagement opportunities are being utilized to advance moves management.
- Provides professional support to lay leadership to identify, initiate, and develop solicitation efforts, enhance current initiatives and implement fundraising activities.
- Prepare and manage budget for Women’s Philanthropy, Community Campaign and NextGen campaign programs.
- Identify, recruit, train and support volunteer leaders.
- Meet annual goals for soliciting assigned donors and prospects.
- Responsible for Campaign operations, reports, communication, and event management.
- Collaborate with our beneficiary agencies, attend community events, and participate in programs to enhance the visibility of Federation and maintain an up-to-date awareness of program priorities throughout the Jewish community.
- Utilize digital media to further the goals and heighten awareness of the Development department and the Annual Campaign.
- Serves as a strong leader, ambassador and resource throughout the greater Charlotte Jewish Community.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by supervisor.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
Required Work Experience
Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in annual fundraising, donor engagement, customer service, sales or relationship or account management.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal skills that enable relationship and partnership building with key lay leaders, donors and professionals at all levels
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Data-driven decision-maker who is comfortable with analytics and data management
- Strong donor-relations skills: proven ability in creating strategies to cultivate prospects and channel donor engagement leading to greater charitable support
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Significant experience in management of membership or volunteer operations and working volunteer committees
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; comfortable with and open to new technology
- First-hand knowledge of the Jewish community, its customs and practices
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Highly organized and detail oriented. Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines and balance numerous projects simultaneously.
- Strong social media skills; familiarity with donor software, CRM’s and data management is highly desired.
- Strong copy writing and editing skills.
- Ability to handle confidential financial and personal information with discretion and sensitivity.
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience working for Jewish organizations, deep knowledge of Judaism, Jewish culture and traditions, and a personal commitment to Jewish values.
Other Job Related Requirements
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required.
- This position must be based in the greater Charlotte area.
How We Care For You
The Jewish Federation of Greater Charlotte proudly offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Salary Range $80,000 - $83,000; Commensurate With Experience
- Four Weeks of Paid Time Off, Days Off for Jewish Holy Days, and Early Closure for Shabbat
- Generous Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Benefits
- 401k Plan with an Employer Contribution and Match
- Professional Development and Skill Building Opportunities
- Flexible and Hybrid Work Environment
- Shalom Park Discounts for JCC Membership and Shalom Park Schools
- Free and Accessible Parking
The Jewish Federation of Greater Charlotte is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More information about our organization is available at www.jewishcharlotte.org
Interested candidates should direct inquiries, resumes, and cover letters to
Sam Bernstein, Chief Development and Marketing Officer, email@example.com